Monday, June 29, 2009

April 3, 2009 Noida, India

I got up and took shower and cleared out eamils and inbox and called Tracey at 930. I think I woke her and she didn't want breakfast so I went down by myself and had tea, juice, some fruit, and uttapan, which is like fried pancakes with onions and peppers on it. I went back up and finished packing and called Ranveer. I don't think I woke him, but he said he had just gotten up and said he would be here in 1.5 hours.
It's now 3 and he's still not here. We are having a second Tiger Beer with some humus with crips bread "chips". The bartender at my request, soaked the label so I could keep it. He also showed us how, if you fill the bottle wth water just upto the neck, grip the neck tightly over the trash and pop the top with your other hand, it breaks the bottm out of the bottle.
It's just before 3 and Ranveer just got here and now we have to wait for snacks we ordered. I thought we would just bring our bags with us since we ha them down there anyways, but for some reason, Ranveer wanted us to leave them and come back for them.
We left to go shopping at JanPath which means public street and is a small street flea market. I bought some silver bangles- whether they are for wife, or her daughter I don't know. They had jewelery, but I don't think anything wife would like. I bought pink and purple reversible (not) skirts for girls and never saw the colorful everyday clothes for girls - At leat in their color or size. We should have stopped by street venders the several times I saw them. I got a t-shirt for $1 that has Goa on it - which is someplace that we did not go, but "holiday in Goa" was part from the movie Outsourced. We walked around outside past other shops. I saw the magic bracekets with a street vendor - they were the same price only thicker metal.
We went across the street because Ranver was hungry and wanted to go to McDonalds "family restaurant". I didn't need anything other than french fries, but he ordered vegburger meals for all of us.
Next to a mall. Still no kids clothes. I thought to look for calendar, but all they had was stuff we could get at home.
We went by and got old monk rum for each of us. It was $6 per bottle.
Once at the hotel, I wrapped mine in clothing to prevent breakage.
It took about a half hour to get our luggage and they kept asking about our luggage tags which they never gave us.
We made it to the airport and after they checked our passports, got boarding passes, went thru metal detector, got wanded twice, then waited in the hallway outside of the jetway for about 1/2 hour, standing just after our carry on hand searched and getting wanded again, we finally were allowed to get on the plane. We really didnt have much time from being dropped off to getting on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment